The content of Hypermobility Solution is not intended as a substitute for care from a physical therapist or other health care professional. If you experience signs or symptoms of injury, disease, or illness you should seek the advice of a physical therapist or other health care professional.
Please note that any information in Hypermobility Solution is provided for educational and informational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional advice.
The information provided is not intended nor should it be construed to:
1) substitute for the advice, diagnosis, or treatment of a health care professional familiar with your specific conditions and needs or
2) suggest a course of treatment for a particular individual. Individuals should always consult with a health care professional for answers to personal health questions.
The information Hypermobility Solution provides on this website or our Facebook group is provided for informational purposes only. Note also that Hypermobility Solution does not warrant, or certify any other entity's business, product, or service listed on the website or Forums.
The information provided is not meant as a substitute for professional advice from legal, health care, financial, accounting, or another professional representative on any subject matter.
You should not act upon this information without consulting with an appropriate professional. In this context, you should consult with your own attorney for specific legal advice on your particular facts and circumstance and you should seek the advice of a health care professional in all matters relating to your health.
It is your responsibility to evaluate text, content, opinions, statements, suggestions, strategies, tactics, or other information available through the Website and Forums.
The use of such information is voluntary, and reliance on it should only be undertaken after an independent review by qualified experts. Under no circumstances will Hypermobility Solution be liable for any damage caused by reliance upon information obtained through the Website and Forums. Any reliance upon any information is at your own risk.
You hereby warrant and represent that you are at least eighteen (18) years of age (21 in some jurisdictions) and have the legal capacity to use this Website and Forums.
Hypermobility Solution makes no representation or warranty that the content published on this Website and Forums complies with the local laws of your jurisdiction. You are solely responsible for knowing and understanding your local laws concerning content legality. If you are unable to make the representations and warranties contained herein, do NOT use the Website and Forums.
In addition, the information is not offered or intended, nor should it be relied upon, as legal advice. Legal doctrines, statutes, and case law vary from state to state. You should consult with your own attorney for specific legal advice on particular legal issues. Please contact an attorney directly for further information.
All health information is protected by HIPAA and entitled to protection. Within our program, all personal information provided through our channels will be kept confidential but may be collected used for research purposes.
Any information that you choose to post in the Facebook group, the website, or public forum will be considered public and not subject to HIPAA. Please keep this in mind when posting.
Notice of Privacy Practices for Protected Health Information
With your consent, the practice is permitted by federal privacy laws to make uses and disclosures of your health information for purposes of treatment, payment, and health care operations. Protected health information is the information we create and obtain in providing our services to you. Such information may include documenting your symptoms, examination and test results, diagnoses, treatment, and applying for future care or treatment. It also includes billing documents for those services.
Your Health Information Rights:
The health record we maintain and billing records are the physical property of the practice. The information in it, however, belongs to you. You have a right to:
- Request a restriction on certain uses and disclosures of your health information by delivering the request in writing to our office. We are not required to grant the request but we will comply with any request granted;
- Obtain a paper copy of this Notice of Privacy Practices for Protected Health Information (“Notice”) by making a request at our office;
- Request that you be allowed to inspect and copy your health record and billing record—you may exercise this right by delivering the request in writing to our office;
- Appeal a denial of access to your protected health information except in certain circumstances;
- Request that your health care record be amended to correct incomplete or incorrect information by delivering a written request to our office;
- File a statement of disagreement if your amendment is denied, and require that the request for amendment and any denial be attached in all future disclosures of your protected health information;
- Obtain an accounting of disclosures of your health information as required to be maintained by law by delivering a written request to our office. An accounting will not include internal uses of information for treatment, payment, or operations, disclosures made to you or made at your request, or disclosures made to family members or friends in the course of providing care;
- Request that communication of your health information be made by alternative means or at an alternative location by delivering the request in writing to our office; and,
- Revoke authorizations that you made previously to use or disclose the information except to the extent information or action has already been taken by delivering a written revocation to our office.
If you want to exercise any of the above rights, please contact this office in person or in writing, during normal hours. We will provide you with assistance on the steps to take to exercise your rights. You have the right to review this Notice before signing the consent authorizing use and disclosure of your protected health information for treatment, payment, and health care operations purposes.
The practice is required to:
- Maintain the privacy of your health information as required by law;
- Provide you with a notice of our duties and privacy practices as to the information we collect and maintain about you;
- Abide by the terms of this Notice;
- Notify you if we cannot accommodate a requested restriction or request; and
- Accommodate your reasonable requests regarding methods to communicate health information with you.
We reserve the right to amend, change, or eliminate provisions in our privacy practices and access practices and to enact new provisions regarding the protected health information we maintain. If our information practices change, we will amend our Notice. You are entitled to receive a revised copy of the Notice by calling and requesting a copy of our “Notice” or by visiting our office and picking up a copy.
- We cannot, and will not, require you to waive the right to file a complaint with the Secretary of Health and Human Services (HHS) as a condition of receiving treatment from the practice.
- We cannot, and will not, retaliate against you for filing a complaint with the Secretary.